Tree Hill Nature Center promotes environmental stewardship to the community through hands-on educational programs and low-cost access to natural spaces.
Located in the center of Jacksonville, Florida, Tree Hill is the perfect place to connect with nature for individuals and families, school field trips, home schoolers, scout troops, business groups and so much more. Stop by with your friends and family to explore our 50-acres and three ecosystems. Plan a family reunion or evening reception in the beautiful Joseph A. Strasser Amphitheater. Enjoy fresh air, plentiful trails and an on-site butterfly house.Tree Hill is open to the public Monday - Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
2016 Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival!
Saturday, April 30th from 10am to 4pm
We are excited to be celebrating the 15th year of this Festival and hope you will join us. We are now accepting vendor applications and have sponsorship opportunities available. Visit our Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival page for more information about the event. As always, contact us via email (email@example.com) or by phone (904-724-4646) for more information or if you have any questions.
Receive $1 off child admission
- This year we are hosting our first raffle during the Festival! We have many wonderful prizes, including gift certificates to local stores and restaurants! You can purchase your tickets ahead of time at Tree Hill or during the Festival.
- Tickets are $3 each or $10 for 4 tickets.
- All proceeds go to the care of our animals and to support our educational programs.
- To receive $1 off child admission to the 2016 Joseph A. Strasser Butterfly Festival have your child color and bring this picture with them. There is a limit of 1 coloring per child. The picture must be colored and presented at the front gate when paying for admission.
Harvest Sundays with the Arlington Community Garden!
Arlington Community Garden, located on the grounds of Tree Hill Nature Center, have set the following dates for their work days:
- Harvest Sunday for April has been canceled
- Sunday, May 15th from 12:30pm - 2:30pm
The Garden is also hosting a work day every Wednesday and every other Thursday afternoon. See below for the upcoming dates:
- Wednesday, March 30th from 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Thursday, March 31st from 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Wednesday, April 13th from 2:30pm-4:00pm
- Thursday, April 14th from 2:30pm-4:00pm
A number of projects will be happening, including harvesting and weighing produce that will be donated to Arlington Community Services. If you are interested and have any questions please call 904-725-8133 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Garden relies on volunteers to grow the single, consistent source of fresh foods for our struggling neighbors in Arlington.